How to setup redis-botium-fbconnector?

Hello,

I am working with fbwebhook connector. Tried below things till now. But I am not able to read messages sent by my bot.

1. Set-up the fbwebhook url in botium.json
    {
    “botium”: {
    “Capabilities”: {
    “PROJECTNAME”: “nivi_test”,
    “CONTAINERMODE”: “fbwebhook”,
    “FBWEBHOOK_WEBHOOKURL”: “<my_url>”,
    “FBWEBHOOK_PAGEID”: “123456”,
    “FBWEBHOOK_APPSECRET”: “mysecret”,
    “SIMPLEREST_INBOUND_REDISURL”: “redis://127.0.0.1:6379”
    }
    }
    }
  2. started “botium-cli inbound-proxy”
  3. As this is in local machine, I have setup an ngrok url listen to this proxy
  4. configured my bot to send messages on this url

I am getting response up until ngrok.

But it is not reaching to the botium’s service.

Could you please point me what exactly I might have missed.

Please add the –verbose-flag to the botium-cli call, and run the test cases also in verbose mode, to see the log output.

@Florian ,

Below is the error.

botium-connector-simplerest Redis connected to "redis://127.0.0.1:45100" +0ms
[ioredis] Unhandled error event: Error: read ECONNRESET
    at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:205:27)
  botium-connector-simplerest Redis connected to "redis://127.0.0.1:45100" +70ms
[ioredis] Unhandled error event: ParserError: Protocol error, got "H" as reply type byte. Please report this.
    at handleError (C:\Jeavio\nivi_tests\node_modules\redis-parser\lib\parser.js:190:15)
    at parseType (C:\Jeavio\nivi_tests\node_modules\redis-parser\lib\parser.js:304:14)
[ioredis] Unhandled error event: ParserError: Protocol error, got "H" as reply type byte. Please report this.
    at handleError (C:\Jeavio\nivi_tests\node_modules\redis-parser\lib\parser.js:190:15)
    at parseType (C:\Jeavio\nivi_tests\node_modules\redis-parser\lib\parser.js:304:14)

Update:
The problem got resolved. 2 things to note.

1. updated the url to redis://127.0.0.1:6379 (port number change)
  2. from my bot needed to send out message on http://<url>.ngrok.io/input-endpoint and not just the ngrok url

Thanks @Florian again for your help :tada:

1 Like